Monday, December 27, 2010

Way Up High



So I managed to make it up to Chamrousse near Grenoble for a day. But not just any day... It's not quite visible in this photo because I'm on piste, but about 40cm of snow had fallen the day before. A 40cm snowfall followed by a blue bird day is a pretty rare experience so I feel fairly lucky to have caught it on my first try in Grenoble. I'm now giving pretty serious consideration to finding my way back to the alps for a week some time during winter.

I must admit I was pretty exhausted by the end of the day, but in general I didn't find it too tricky getting back on a board. It defiantly took me back to my days of gallivanting around the mountains of Western Canada during the 06/07 season. In fact it was such an epic day of powder it even got me thinking of what was possible one of my best days of snowboarding. Here's a link to a video from that day (couldn't figure out how to embed it, so you'll have to be my FB friend to watch) and below a photo of me and the excellent people I spent it with.... Wish you guys could of been with me this time around too!

1 comment:

  1. Martin! Dave McDermott here from 3rd year LS at Vic. Finally caught your blog c/o Vivien Chong, good times all round. Welly is her same old beautiful self, and uni is going well. I am considering following your lead with an exchange to Blois next year, and any info will be muchly appreciated. My email is davidpatrickdesign@gmail.com. Not on facebook anymore hence contact via blog. Cheers bro, hope this finds you tre content...Dave

    ReplyDelete